- If an author feels strongly that an inappropriate decision has been made on their decision, then Ciencia e Innovación en Salud allows them to make a single Appeal.
- Appeals must be submitted with detailed information as to why the original decision was in error.
- We will first approach the original academic editor and determine whether, in light of this feedback, they now wish to change their mind. If they do not, then a second Academic Editor (or in some cases a committee of Academic Editors) will be asked to make an adjudication. In some cases this may involve re-review of the article.
- The new decision is considered final.
- Authors should be aware that Appeals often take some time to be resolved.