Ethical publication standards
- Ciencia e Innovación en Saludcomplies with the current standards and procedures for researching on publication ethics.
- Ciencia e Innovación en Saluddoes not allow duplicate publication (the same material published twice in peer-reviewed literature) or duplicate presentation (the same material presented to more than one journal at the same time).
- Ciencia e Innovación en Saluddoes not accept plagiarism, data or figure tampering knowing that the provided information is misleading, copyright infringement, imprecise authorship attributions, any attempts to inappropriately manipulate the peer review process, failure to declare conflicts of interest, fraud, or defamation. This journal complies with the regulations established by COPE and the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME), among others.
- In extreme cases of non-compliance, individuals may be reported to their institutions and/or their manuscripts may be withdrawn. In case of complaints, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ciencia e Innovación en Salud complies with COPE's Code of Conduct and with Good Practice Guidelines. Whenever we are informed about an issue requiring investigation, we follow the procedures recommended by COPE.
- When applicable, Ciencia e Innovación en Salud demands that authors make a statement specifying all pertinent ethical regulations that were complied with during research.
- Ethics statements are required when research is performed on human beings or tissues, on animals or animal tissues, when field studies are conducted, or when the approval of an Institutional Review Board (IRB) or Institutional Ethics Committee (IEC) is required.
- Besides providing an ethics statement at the submission stage (for its revision), this statement must also be included in the Materials and Methods section of the manuscript.
- If approval by IRB or IEC is required, authors should include an ethics statement in the Materials and Methods section, which should specify all the information regarding its approval (including the name of the approving organization and the reference approval numbers). If there is no approval number, authors should provide an endorsement letter signed by the division, college, department, person, or entity that approved the study and submit it as a confidential supplementary file.
The corresponding author has the following functions and responsibilities:
- To inform all coauthors about the submission of the manuscript to the journal (note: each coauthor should sign the submission letter confirming their authorship).
- To ensure that the manuscript fully complies with all policies of Ciencia e Innovación en Salud and that every coauthor understands and accepts them.
- To administer all correspondence between the journal and every coauthor, keeping the coauthor group informed about the manuscript submission/review process.
- To appoint a substitute corresponding author in case he or she does not have the time to perform his or her obligations.
- To address all mandatory items before submission of the manuscript.
- After publication: To answer all questions related to the published manuscript and to provide all requested data and materials.
- The manuscript should be created (and completed) by one coauthor and not by an agency or any other individual who is not a coauthor.
Reviewers and Editor
- Authors may request that specific individuals not review their presentation (blinding).
- Blind individual petitions should be limited and should refer to specific individuals (wide lists or categories of people should be avoided). Petitions should only be made with a good reason.
- Although we will try to comply with these requests, we cannot ensure full compliance.
Ciencia e Innovación en Salud keeps every detail about a submitted manuscript confidential, does not make public comments about sent or rejected manuscripts, and maintains reviewer's confidentiality unless authorization to disclose identities is granted. The authors, reviewers, and editors should also treat their correspondence as confidential unless otherwise explicitly stated.