This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Coverage root with graft connective tissue subpediculado with or without advance coronal. Systematic review
Ciencia e Innovación en Salud,
Background: Currently, there are various surgical techniques with subpediculated connective tissue grafting that allow achieving a total or high percentage root coverage, thus contributing to oral aesthetics and decision-making by professionals during clinical practice. Objective: The objective of this systematic review was to compare the effectiveness of two surgical techniques in terms of the level of root coverage obtained in the different types of gingival recessions. Methodology: the most relevant publications were selected through a search in electronic databases such as Medline, Pubmed, Science Direct and Dentistry & Oral Sciences Source. To be included in the review, the studies had to define the surgical technique used and the level of root coverage obtained subsequently. Results: a compilation of 18 articles was carried out that talk about the use of subpediculated connective tissue graft with or without coronal advancement, or only performing coronal advancement without the use of a graft as an aid, reaching a high level of root coverage, greater than 95% even after 3, 6 or 9 months after treatment. Conclusions: when evaluating the literature on subpediculated connective tissue graft with or without coronal advancement, a greater tissue gain was evident at the level of root coverage for procedures using the subpediculated connective tissue graft technique with coronal advancement, versus one that does not involve coronal advancement.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Adel Martinez-Martinez, Antonio Diaz-Caballero, Natalia Quintero-Echenique, Malignant and premalignant lesions of the tongue, clinical and histopathological findings for their early detection. Study of two cases , Ciencia e Innovación en Salud: 2020
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
1. Chambrone L, Salinas Ortega MA, Sukekava F, et al. Root coverage procedures for treating localised and multiple recession-type defects. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018;10(10):CD007161. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD007161.
2. Wessels R, Eghbali A, De Roose S, De Bruyckere T, Vervaeke S, Cosyn J. Long-Term Follow-up on Root Coverage with a Double Pedicle Flap and Connective Tissue Graft. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2019;39(6):829-835. DOI:10.11607/prd.4297
3. Jati AS, Furquim LZ, Consolaro A. Gingival recession: its causes and types, and the importance of orthodontic treatment. Dental Press J Orthod. 2016;21(3):18-29. doi:10.1590/2177-6709.21.3.018-029.oin
4. Guttiganur N, Aspalli S, Sanikop M, Desai A, Gaddale R, Devanoorkar A. Classification systems for gingival recession and suggestion of a new classification system. Indian J Dent Res. 2018;29(2):233-237. DOI: 10.4103/ijdr.IJDR_207_17
5. Merijohn G. Management and prevention of gingival recession. Periodontol 2000. 2016;71(1):228–242. https://doi.org/10.1111/prd.12115
6. Miller P. Miller Classification of Marginal Tissue Recession Revisited After 35 Years. Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2018;39(8):514-520. Disponible en: https://europepmc.org/article/med/30188152
7. Marques, T., Santos, N.M., Fialho, J. et al. A new digital evaluation protocol applied in a retrospective analysis of periodontal plastic surgery of gingival recessions. Sci Rep 11, 20399 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-99573-6
8. Mahajan A, Asi KS, Rayast D, Negi M. Decision-making in classifying gingival recession defects - A systematic review. Natl J Maxillofac Surg. 2019;10(2):206-211. doi:10.4103/njms.NJMS_71_18
9. Shkreta M, Atanasovska-Stojanovska A, Dollaku B, Belazelkoska Z. Exploring the Gingival Recession Surgical Treatment Modalities: A Literature Review. Open Access Maced J Med Sci. 2018;6(4):698-708. doi:10.3889/oamjms.2018.185
10. Pandit N, Khasa M, Gugnani S, Malik R, Bali D. Comparison of two techniques of harvesting connective tissue and its effects on healing pattern at palate and recession coverage at recipient site. Contemp Clin Dent. 2016;7(1):3-10. doi:10.4103/0976-237X.177099
11. Page, M.J., Moher, D. Evaluations of the uptake and impact of the Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic reviews and Meta-Analyses (PRISMA) Statement and extensions: a scoping review. Syst Rev 6, 263 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1186/s13643-017-0663-8
12. Vallecillo C, Toledano-Osorio M, Vallecillo-Rivas M, Toledano M, Rodriguez-Archilla A, Osorio R. Collagen Matrix vs. Autogenous Connective Tissue Graft for Soft Tissue Augmentation: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Polymers (Basel). 2021;13(11):1810.
13. Mahajan A, Bharadwaj A, Mahajan P. Comparison of periosteal pedicle graft and subepithelial connective tissue graft for the treatment of gingival recession defects. Aust Dent J. 2012;57(1):51-57. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1834-7819.2011.01648.x
14. Kumar GN, Murthy KR. A comparative evaluation of subepithelial connective tissue graft (SCTG) versus platelet concentrate graft (PCG) in the treatment of gingival recession using coronally advanced flap technique: A 12-month study. J Indian Soc Periodontol. 2013;17(6):771-776. doi:10.4103/0972-124X.124502
15. Salhi L, Lecloux G, Seidel L, Rompen E, Lambert F. Coronally advanced ﬂap versus the pouch technique combined with a connective tissuegraft to treat Miller’s class I gingival recession: a randomized controlled trial. J Clin Periodontol. 2014;41(4):387-395. https://doi.org/10.1111/jcpe.12207
16. Ozcelik O, Seydaoglu G, Haytac MC. Prediction of root coverage for single recessions in anterior teeth: a 6-month study. J Clin Periodontol 2015 42(9):860-867. https://doi.org/10.1111/jcpe.12449
17. Cairo F, Cortellini P, Pilloni A, Nieri M, Cincinelli S, Amunni F, et al. Clinical efficacy of coronally advanced flap with or without connective tissue graft for the treatment of multiple adjacent gingival recessions in the aesthetic area: a randomized controlled clinical trial. J Clin Periodontol. 2016;43(10):849-856. https://doi.org/10.1111/jcpe.12590 Mahajan A, Bharadwaj A, Mahajan P. Comparison of periosteal pedicle graft and subepithelial connective tissue graft for the treatment of gingival recession defects. Aust Dent J. 2012;57(1):51-57. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1834-7819.2011.01648.x
18. Gobbato L, Nart J, Bressan E, Mazzocco F, Paniz G, Lops D. Patient morbidity and root coverage outcomes after the application of a subepithelial connective tissue graft in combination with a coronally advanced flap or via a tunneling technique: a randomized controlled clinical trial. Clin Oral Invest. 2016;20(8):2191-2202. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00784-016-1721-7
19. Amine K, El Amrani Y, Chemlali S, Kissa J. Alternatives to connective tissue graft in the treatment of localized gingival recessions: A systematic review. Stomatol Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2018;119(1):25-32. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jormas.2017.09.005
20. Sriwil M, Fakher MAA, Hasan K, Kasem T, Shwaiki T, Wassouf G. Comparison of Free Gingival Graft and Gingival Unit Graft for Treatment of Gingival Recession: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2020;40(3):e103-e110. DOI:10.11607/prd.4180.
21. Sumana S, Masulili S, Lessang R. Root coverage using the subepithelial connective tissue graft or acellular dermal matrix for the treatment of gingival recession: a clinical study. Int J App Pharm. 2017;9(Special Issue 2):20-23. https://doi.org/10.22159/ijap.2017.v9s2.06.
22. Pelekos G, Lu J, Ho D, Graziani F, Cairo F, Cortellini P, et al. Aesthetic assessment after root coverage of multiple adjacent recessions with coronally advanced flap with adjunctive collagen matrix or connective tissue graft: Randomized clinical trial. J Clin Periodontol. 2019;46(5):564-571. https://doi.org/10.1111/jcpe.13103.
23. Kuzmar L. & Jordan J. Cervical ectopic pregnancy with colic abdominal pain. Ciencia Innovación en salud. 2017; 4(2):1-5. DOI 10.17081/innosa.4.2.2852
24. Cruz, M., Lastra, N., Lastre-Amell, G. 2018. Revisión de conceptos: embarazo en adolescentes y la experiencia en el control prenatal. Ciencia e Innovación en Salud. e62:1-21. DOI 10.17081/innosa.63
25. Akcan SK, Ünsal B. Gingival recession treatment with concentrated growth factor membrane: a comparative clinical trial. J Appl Oral Sci. 2020;28:e20190236. doi:10.1590/1678-7757-2019-0236